Navigating the Inbox: Best Email Practices for Steadfast Deliverability Rates
To run a successful email campaign, the most crucial aspect is your email deliverability. Email deliverability refers to the ability to deliver emails to subscribers’ inboxes. Your email marketing campaign may fail if it doesn’t reach your intended audience – no matter how good the content or design is or how skillfully you’ve segmented your target audience list. In fact, email deliverability plays a vital role in determining the overall success or failure of any email marketing campaign.
If your emails are unable to reach inboxes of your subscribers, then you’re not going to see any conversions coming from your subscribers. This is where email deliverability comes into play. Email deliverability is a complex and challenging part of email marketing. When you send out an email, it enters into the internet in a form of an electronic message. When the sender’s server communicates with the recipient’s server, it must go through several intermediary servers which are responsible for filtering and routing it.
Each ISP that handles your mail has its own spam criteria – a set of rules designed to keep unsolicited commercial messages from entering their mail servers. If your email is flagged as spam, chances are you won’t be able to reach your intended audience. In such a case, you should try to resolve the issue as quickly as possible otherwise your brand will suffer serious damage due to a bad deliverability problem.
A good email deliverability rate helps you win the trust of potential customers as they reach the inboxes, informing them about your latest offers and products. Having a good deliverability rate implies having a good reputation amongst your target audience. When people start believing that your messages or newsletters reach their mailboxes without being tagged as spam, it becomes easy to turn them into your customers.
To ensure that your emails are delivered to your subscribers’ inboxes, it’s important to follow best practices for email deliverability.
Here are seven email practices to help you steer your email deliverability rates substantially:
1. Make your audience fall for it: Feed your audiences the content they want to consume. Your email should look eye-catching, bold, minimalistic, and intellectual to attract your audiences’ attention. It should be able to inspire people to sign up for more content from you. You should also make sure that your email is simple, direct, and easily consumable.
2. Use relevant subject lines and contents for your emails: Please make sure that the subject line of your email is relevant to the email body content. You can avoid the use of unwanted or clickbait words in the title of your emails as this may tag your emails as spam.
You’ll get more positive responses with better subject lines and email designs, leading to better deliverability.
3. Maintain email list hygiene: It is recommended to check your mailing lists regularly and remove:
# Useless/bad email addresses – Email addresses that are no longer valid or have spelt incorrectly or blacklisted are useless email addresses. So, don’t forget to verify the email address before you hit the send button.
# Non-responsive users – These users haven’t checked their messages in a long time (6 months).
# Low engagement users – Users who do not interact with your emails.
This will protect your domain reputation by reducing the bounce rate. You may also take help from professionals and experts like Kenscio. Email automation will work as a game-changer by saving your time & removing invalid addresses without any human intervention.
4. Verify your email’s domain: Your email delivery rates will improve when your sender domain is authenticated. To perform authentication, it is necessary to set up both DKIM (DomainKeys Identified Mail) and SPF (Sender Policy Framework). This ensures ISPs that the email is coming from you and establishes you as a trusted sender.
5. Check and analyze your email reports and statistics: Learn more about your audiences by tracking your email statistics and performance reports regularly. It’s important to understand user interest based on their city, demography, and age groups. Email experts at Kenscio can also help you analyze more personalized details about your audiences based on their purchasing habits or activities. (eg- What time of the day they are most active on their email account, what topic attracts what segment of the target audiences, and more).
These reports and statistics will help you find email titles and contents that have high open rates. Your subscribers will enjoy great titles and content when you draft email templates like this.
6. Improve your emails’ subject lines and design: You can build a good domain reputation by keeping recipients interested and sending a relevant message. Having a good reputation drives more open-rate, CTR and hence, improve your email campaign performance. As such, maintaining your domain reputation is important.
With a good technology-driven deliverability solution and end-to-end campaign management, you can ensure that your subscribers receive your messages in their mailbox through high-quality IP pools. Take professional help as email experts can also help you in ideating performance-driven design and content that works.
7. Separate Your Marketing and Transactional Email: When you send a large number of emails, it is important to separate your mainstream by the type of email you send. An Email containing newsletters, promotions, offers, and advertisements should be sent in one stream, while another that sends password reset emails and receipts can skip the marketing round.
Your transactional mail should perform better than your marketing mail because it is inherently inferior. When you divide your mail streams in this way, you won’t suffer from a poor IP reputation for your marketing mail.
1. Make sure your email deliverability rate is great if you’re looking to receive high open rates and better conversions.
2. Sending spam emails will diminish your reputation as well as your market authority.
3. By incorporating the email best practices outlined in this post into your email marketing efforts, you’ll ensure high email deliverability and be better able to run successful campaigns.
Undelivered emails may impact your revenue badly. To run an effective email marketing campaign, it is vital to ensure a high deliverability rate. Take help from professionals like Kenscio, who have expertise in all Industry Verticals and bring 75% revenue growth for our clients in a business year.
Get more information on how to use Kenscio’s Email Deliverability Platform or how our email campaign management services can help you generate more revenue and drive qualified leads for your business. Book a call with our experts today for a FREE consultation and complimentary email audit.