Make Email Campaigns A Success this 2021
Email campaign management has taken several turns, especially during 2020. According to a source, 290+ billion emails get sent daily. The number of emails may rise to 347+ billion by 2023. A question arises here:
How can My Email Campaign Become Successful?
Inquire with questions:
• How can you make your email ESP friendly?
• What is the basis of your email opens? Is it because of the gains have promised?
• Is your crucial data the easiest accessible and understandable information?
As of 2021, marketers are exploring email campaign management strategies that past learnings have inspired to accommodate a spectrum of industries, businesses and others. Let us explore them:
7 Email Campaign Management Tips this 2021:
1. Marketing Automation Widens Spectrum: Marketing automation has always been considered such a luxury. Companies who could afford HubSpot or Marketo could only afford automation. In 2021, automation became a hot trend. With geo-targeting, brands could target local communities real quick.
2. Use of Artificial Intelligence for Personalization: Just using subscribers’ first names is not of much use in 2021. You need to go a step ahead with next-gen deep data insights along with first & zero-party data. With intelligent use of machine learning, ensure your email marketing campaigns run at the proper sequence of events, heading towards an automated path to lead conversion.
An AI lead, insight-led customer engagement platform will help reduce the guesses in email marketing campaigns.
Insights into the following will help:
• Know which customer requires more attention and which customers are about to leave
• Know that different audiences have different preferences of receiving emails
• Know whether your email messages are personalized enough or not
3. Evolve with SMS Marketing: SMS marketing is evolving at a rapid pace. According to J2 Global’s Campaigner, 97% of emails get read within 15 mins of delivery. How does this help? Well, the techniques of email marketing and SMS marketing will coexist by utilizing the same methods. Open rates can drastically increase by rolling out creative text messages with email attached alongside.
Make the most out of this trend by:
• Analyzing previous campaigns alongside, prepare buyers’ journey
• Develop segmentation based on key activities in connection with business goals
• Collaborate your buyers’ journey as well as segmentation with automation
4. Interactive Emails are Gaining Popularity: Interactive emails are pulling it off! With their fantastic idea to reduce clicks, there’s a scope for conversion rates to increase. The hassle of clicking buttons will reduce while AMP-powered emails will provide the ability to embed interactive elements within the content. With such creativity, brands are looking at animated buttons, interactive product carousels, scratch-off discounts and other features to boost engagement!
Make the most out of this trend by:
• Ensure you add preheader and other elements to ensure users can consume most of the message
• Imagery overuse has ruined email campaigns. Get intelligent and efficient with images you use and keep it minimal due to cellular data
• Find the sweet spot amid your length, structure and time of emails
5. Video in Email is Increasing: Video content is looking to go on the rise. This year, you will witness many more videos embedded due to reasons like supporting data availability. There was an observed 22% increase in clicks when images from emails were replaced with video thumbnails.
Why video marketing is a significant trend:
• Matt Bertram, CEO & SEO Strategist at EWR Digital, revealed that in 2020, CTR rose by 61% with the embedding of videos. The word video as well triggered a lot of readers and increased open rates by 17%
• Video marketing is a great strategy to connect with people. It’s virtual and puts a face to the person sending those emails
6. Focus has Shifted to Sales-Free Content: Humans are receiving your emails, and the emails you roll out need to feel human. With sales-free content, head towards higher engagement. Happiness Without rolled out similar email campaigns during the pandemic, which spread awareness about mental well-being. This effort got the organization 93% website traffic in no time!
How to achieve sales-free content?
• Stop using sales tone
• Talk to the readers and feed them information
• Roll out campaigns that increase interaction amid audience
7. Minimalism on the Rocks: Probably inspired by Marie Kondo, minimalism has become so crucial in email marketing that it drives accurate results. With a simple, clean and crisp design supported by great content, you can create the best ROI based emails!
How to become a minimalist in email marketing?
• Crisp content and design
• Good Branding will ensure design speak for itself
• Try nine-word email writing
Email Marketing this 2021: Final Thoughts: 2020 is a year of massive change and has helped marketers make a genuine attempt to connect with their customers. This 2021, let’s work towards building refreshing techniques and acquire critical skills, including:
• A renewed understanding of empathy for marketers (connection point with customers)
• Personalization of emails must kickoff to a whole new level with all business sizes
• Interaction with audiences to increase with video and interactive elements in emails